Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice needed (personal experience is best!): wedding emergency kits?

We have a wedding coming up in a few months and we're making a emergency kit. For anyone who does not know what it is, it's basically a bag/kit filled with fast-fix tools for anything that may go wrong. We have researched this on many websites and compared lists to make sure that we have anything and everything that may be needed.





And here's my question: does anyone have any ideas for items(maybe from personal experience) that are a must-have that may be overlooked? Any ideas would be wonderful!! I think we have the basics, but you can never be too sure!





Thanks for you help!!Advice needed (personal experience is best!): wedding emergency kits?
Great question! I am in the event business, so I've been carrying my own go-bag with this sort of stuff for a long time. You've got the basics from other answers, think about these things:





Duct tape for emergency pant/dress hems and clothing fixes. Combined with safety pins, you're good to go all night.





Little hand wipes. Not baby wipes, but the individually wrapped kind. Wet naps, you know. That goes in the ';never let 'em see you sweat'; file.





Batteries. Wireless microphone batteries like to fail right before big events. (Even if the a/v guy just changed them.)





Pens and notecards. For anything!





Anything you'd want in a basic first-aid kit.





Tide Stain-Stick. Amazing, space-age technology.





Crackers. Defeat the wedding day jitters and their effect of the stomach.





Along the same lines, maybe a pack of Tagamet.





List of contact #s for all wedding vendors. Where's the florist? I don't know, but if you have her number you can find out.





Cash. For tips/bribes. When some valet attendant won't let you leave the ';just married'; car on the curb for more than a few minutes, a few bucks can probably get him to look the other way.





Scissors, a pocketknife, a nail clipper. Cutting implements of all sorts for things that suddenly need to be cut. Don't give them to a freaked-out groom, though!





Add those items to the ';standard'; kits and you'll be REALLY prepared.Advice needed (personal experience is best!): wedding emergency kits?
stain removers (goof off, oxy clean in a small bottle, etc.)


band aids


screwdriver


hammer


protein bars


bottled water


florist tape


florist wire


nail polish remover


emory board/nail file


permanent marker


ziplock bags


kleenex


black socks for the guys


hose for girls


feminine supplies (you never know who's gonna start when)


aspirin/tylenol


needle/thread -- white, color of all dresses in wedding party, black--probably easier to thread several different needles


small scissors


duct tape (you'd be surprized what you can do with it.)
safety pins you always need a safety pin ive been in so many weddings and almost every wedding some one needed one good luck
Since you have the basics covered, I won't go over them again. One thing you might want to add is needle, thread and small scissors. At my wedding just a few weeks ago, the zipper in the back of my dress busted just after I put on the dress. Fortunately, I had transparent vinyl thread and needle (from making my own veil) and my mother was able to sew me up. You couldn't even tell, unless you looked up close.





Good Luck!
Clear nail polish to stop a run in hose


Extra hose


Travel garment steamer to touch up gown/suit wrinkles


Makeup Remover


Safety pins


Sunscreen for an outdoor wedding





High-protein snacks (protein/workout bars are good)


Low-sugar drinks (no sodas- milk or water is good, if you can find no-sugar energy drinks with B vitamins, even better, B12 is a mood stabilizer).


Avoid refined sugar (including high-fructose corn syrup)- it will set off a jittery bride even further. Make sure the wedding party and particularly the bride is well-hydrated. I had an outdoor wedding, and if I hadn't kept hydrated, I would have not done well in my great big heavy dress in the sun...
Here's a link to a Microsoft Word template for a Wedding Day Emergency Kit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templa鈥?/a>





Good luck!
A great wedding planner


countrydaycastle.com
A wet wash cloth in a ziplock bag saved my cousin's wedding gown. We were drinking Kir Royales in the limo, dropped the bottle of chambord and it splashed all over her gown. Her mom had packed us a wet cloth and it cleaned the chambord right off the gown. We were very lucky.
well...i had my reception at my parents house so I had basically everything I needed there, but maybe make sure you have some makeup on you just because yours could get messy. i know my makeup got all smudged so I had to touch it up for pictures or else they would have looked pretty bad. also a lint brush if the suits are black because everything sticks to them.
safety pin


bobby pins for hair emergencies (small brush or comb as well)


2 extra earring backs if you're wearing earrings


aspirin


mints


lipstick or gloss


tide pen (these are magic)


dental floss! in case you eat anything :)


powder (for shine) or blotting papers (they take up less room) Sephora has them. you can probably get them at any beauty supply.





tip: if you have a heavy dress-or it will be hot- put a swipe of deodorant on your lower back and behind your knees. this seriously works!





hope this helps :D
Here's what I had:





-aspirins


-petpo-bismol


-safetypins


-sanitary napkins


-bobby pins, extra pins for bridal party


-low-sugar drinks


-power bar


-candy


-orange juice


-tape


-needle, thread


-glue gun, sticks


-extra cards, gifts for tables


-emergency contact lists (cell phone#'s for bridal party, parents, family members -brother, vendors, catering, etc..)


-comb


-extra film


-extra pantyhose
At my wedding, I didn't eat anything before I went, and when I got nervous, I got nausea...so either eat something, but I was sort of afraid to eat!


Saltine crackers %26amp; peppermint candies cured my nervous stomach. Batteries...the power went out during our reception and if we had brought batteries for our stereo we could have at least kept music.


That's all I can think of to add from my personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment