Sunday, August 22, 2010

Best BC options...Advice? Experience?

Okay, ladies. I'm looking for your opinions on the best birth control options for me. Some facts:





- 46 yrs old; may be starting peri-menpause.


- gave birth to two children


- Smoker :( but otherwise healthy. Fairly thin (5'7'; and 115lbs)


- Monogamous sexual activity (1-2x/month only tho).


- Currently use condoms for intercourse and enjoy pleasing each other with non-intercourse activities.





So, things are good. But I really want him to experience the pleasure of ';bare'; sexual intercourse, too.





I've been doing some homework into Nuvaring and Mirena...What advice or suggestions do you have?





Thank you in advance!





Best BC options...Advice? Experience?
I have had the NuvaRing and I loved it. I had no complaints about it, really, but I did switch to the Mirena IUD a couple of years ago. I haven't had many complaints about this either, except my first couple of periods were pretty heavy and the cramping was pretty bad. That soon went away after about three or four cycles. The only complaint my friends have is the same that I had - the strings can be a bit stiff the first couple of months, but the longer they're in they start to soften. If your husband/partner feels them, you can go back to your GYN and have them trimmed.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment