Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need advice on best birth control choice.?

Hello all! I am currently struggling with a very difficult choice and I don't know what to do--I need to choose a birth control option, but I have other issues that are complicating the matter.


I am 21 years old and am NOT sexual active (ever) but I am in a committed relationship and I have a feeling that is going to change, so I want to be responsible and make sure there are no ';accidents';.


I spoke with my doctor and she wants to put me on the depo-provera shot, but I am very hesitant.


I CAN NOT gain weight. I'm not talking about ';I would be inconvenienced';, I mean that I have suffered from an eating disorder for over five years and weight gain of that type would put me right back where I started.


I asked about paraguard and my doctor basically told me she wouldn't use that on me, for whatever reason.


I am to the point where I'm considering getting a permanent solution. I just don't know what to do.


Help!Need advice on best birth control choice.?
You don't need to consider a permanent solution, there are a lot of other contraceptive devices out there.





I am the same age as you, and also suffered from an eating disorder for several years, and I take an oral combined contraceptive pill. I have been on four different pills in that time, and three were fine and didn't cause weight gain. One of them made me insanely hungry all the time, and I craved sweets/carbs so badly I could hardly think of anything else and I did gain some weight. I stopped taking it and exercised, and my weight went back to normal.





You could try an IUD, a device which is put in your womb by a doctor, and releases hormones which stop you getting pregnant, or a contraceptive patch. There's always condoms, diaphragms or female condoms. You can compare lots of different contraceptive methods and see their pros and cons on the NHS website below.Need advice on best birth control choice.?
Condoms or go on the yasmin pill. The pill doesn't cause you to gain weight - it can increase your appetite slightly but if you're eating healthily and exercising you shouldn't put on weight. The reason i said Yasmin is because it has the lowest reported cases of bad side effects, weight gain, bad moods, bleeding etc.
Not everyone gains weight on Depo. I've gained 10 pounds in three years. I really don't think it's from Depo. It's from being too lazy to cook right. But I have heard of ladies that have gained 20 pounds in a month. I find that hard to believe, but that's what they claim. But if you really don't want to take the chance I wouldn't do any kind of hormonal birth control. Everyone is different. What's right for me, may be totally wrong for you.
Get the little rod in your arm. With the shot you might not be able to have kids ever. You may not want any now but you might later so don't do anything permanent
Use condoms
Abstinence is the best choice.
don't ****, you ****
unfortunately, any hormonal birth control may cause weight gain. iud's are not recommended for women who have not had babies because ur cervix isn't stretched out. condoms might be ur best bet, but u have to use them correctly every single time. if ur gyno is trying to push one birth control on u, instead of discussing the pros and cons of each option, see someone else. ur really young to get ur tubes tied. i use nuva ring because u don't have to worry about it every day, but i don't know if a virgin wants to stick it in there. make sure u have condoms available in the mean time in case things get heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment