Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Give your best weight loss advice!!?

This goes out to those with the same new years resolution as me. To lose weight and become healthy. What worked for you, or what has worked for others that you know of?Give your best weight loss advice!!?
Eat less get off my a** more....Give your best weight loss advice!!?
My all-time favorite weight loss tips (from my source site listed):





1) Often times we mistake hunger for thirst. Staying hydrated (or drinking a glass of water before each meal) can prevent eating hundreds of unnecessary calories.


2) Make sure to have, at every meal, a source of fiber and a source of protein, both of which keep you full.


3) Plan ahead. Plan your next meal, plan for emergencies (like having trail mix in the car so that you don't end up pulling into McDonald's), etc.


4) Take every opportunity to walk more often. Walk on errands that are nearby, take the stairs rather than the escalator, walk to work if you can, pace on the phone, walk over to a coworker and talk rather than emailing them, find any excuse to just move more! These tiny changes add up quickly!! (same goes for food: simply eliminating regular soda can cut hundreds of calories and lead to successful weight loss)


5) Never, ever, EVER skip breakfast. NEVER! Studies show that people who eat breakfast consume less calories (about 700 on average) a day than breakfast skippers. Again, make sure you have fiber and protein (whole grain cereal and fruit is my fave. muffins, which are basically glorified donuts, don't count).


6) Calories from drinks are a dangerous thing, because drinks don't satisfy us the way food does. Either keep track of what you drink, or make an effort to drink more water and calorie free beverages.


7) Don't ';go on a diet';. Make a lifestyle change. Temporary solutions yield temporary results.


8) Make small, very particular goals. ex: ';I will run for 4 days this week for 20 minutes';. If you accomplish it, reward yourself with something that is not related to food.


9) Do not attempt to be a perfectionist. Eat too much at dinner? Go for a light walk, and plan to eat a healthy breakfast tomorrow morning. Never give up; just remember that it takes time to change your lifestyle.


10) Use smaller plates to cut back portions. This can help you from feeling like you are missing something. If you can't for whatever reason, fill half the plate with veggies.





Good luck to all in '08!
I'm eating less and running...plus weightlifting...but if you eat right and do cardio(running) you will see a change in your shape and health after a while..you just have to stick with it
I count my fats... I only eat 20 grams of fat a day. I know that sounds like a pain, but it works great. I have three other people in my town who have done it. One is down 140 pounds and the other 2 are down 50 pounds so far.


Finding goods low in fat is not hard, and they taste good.


Like for instance... a baked chicken breast, with a salad (no cheese) fat free dressing and a baked potato. They make fat free butter and sour cream for your potato.


I also exercise on my treadmill. I listen to the radio and just walk.


In one week I have lost 11 pounds, and I feel GREAT!
Don't give up after a week!! Give it time. Drink lots of water, and control your food portions.
My first: Change the diet every two weeks - start new one, continuing exercising. The secret is the body not to get used with the particular diet


My second: Exercise


Other tips and working diets


www best-fat-burn-stategies com
1. write it before you bite it. Journal everything.





2. Add healthy foods in, they will eventually displace bad ones. For example start every meal with fruit or a salad. You will have less space for higher cal stuff.





3. Plan around your hunger:


-If you are a late night muncher, have something you can get into guilt free.


-If parties are hard for you, always eat before you go.


-If alcohol gets you in trouble, make your signature cocktail a light one like rum %26amp; diet.





4. Be ready for food pushers, say ';I don't *want* xyz.';


NOT ';I can't have xyz';





Drink enough water, take a multivitamin. Get a hold of eating for non-hunger reasons, ie. being tired/ lonely.





Good luck
Drinking plenty of water has helped me. But not tons like a complete water diet that can be fatal. Also limiting the sodium intake. Remember sodium retains water and you dont want to gain water weight.
You know those piddly little weight watchers meals? The microwavable ones. Have that for dinner but with loads and loads of veg, it will fill you up and will contain loads less calories. Works for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment